The Teforia infusers use WiFi to connect with the internet and the Teforia app on your phone. You will be prompted to setup your infusers WiFi connection when you first setup your infuser in the Teforia app. Some items worth noting:
- When first turning on your Infuser, the Leaf LED will flash light-blue until you have the finished configuring the WiFi.
- Your phone and Teforia must be on the same WiFi network in order for your app to communicate with the app.
- The Teforia Infuser currently only supports 802.11 a/b/g/n support, WPA encryption, and WPA2 encryption. It does not support WEP encryption or networks where the SSID is not broadcast. WEP was phased out in 2011 by the WiFi governing body due to major security issues.
- The MAC address may not be printed on the machine or box, if you use MAC address whitelisting as a method for securing your WiFi, you will need to temporarily turn it off and go into your router's management portal to get the MAC address in order to add it to your whitelist. Once added you can turn MAC-based whitelisting back on.
- Router guest networks are firewalled, so guest devices can't talk to other devices in the network, which prevent communication between the Teforia app and the infuser. We do not recommend using a guest network for this very reason.
To connect your Teforia to WiFi:
- Please make sure Bluetooth is "on" on your mobile device and that you have the Teforia companion app downloaded.
- Open the Teforia app and complete the login process.
- The next screen will ask you to select your infuser. The infuser will show as a serial number ending in 501 that is connected via Bluetooth.
- Note: If you don't see your infuser, please turn your machine off and on again. Then, start again.
- The app should prompt you to connect the infuser to wifi. The app will automatically connect using the wifi that your phone is connected to, so if you want to use a different wifi connection, please enter that now.
- The app should successfully connect. The app should notify you of a successful connection, and you can now continue the First-Time Use setup process.